I am officially an AlzAuthor!

Today is June 20, 2018.  I have not blogged in over a year.  A lot has happened since my last post in February of 2017.  I had a few books sell on Amazon, less than 50 (not great but I'm not complaining).

I do have to mention this...a lot of the books sold were purchased by my dad who gave them to friends of his.  He seemed pretty excited that I went ahead with publishing my blog.  Dad also told me that he learned a lot about himself once he read the book.  He said he felt he should have done more for Mom.  I begged to differ.  While Dad (and Mom) did make some poor decisions, or did nothing at all, Dad was the best husband to Mom.  He loved and cared for her no matter what.

Later in 2017 Dad's kidney disease (which I never wrote about) advanced to stage 5 - end stage.  Dad chose not to have dialysis and he passed quickly and quietly on November 11, 2017.  My sister and I will never get over the loss of Dad.

Back to becoming an AlzAuthor.  Thanks to the good advice I received from author friend Gary Joseph LeBlanc whom I met through an Alzheimers/dementia forum online my book was noticed by AlzAuthors.  He said that each time I tweet I should use "#AlzAuthors".  I can't remember exactly how I ended up in contact with the board of AlzAuthors but several months later here I am.  Today I am featured on their site along with my book.

I am hopeful that in some small way my family's journey with dementia care will be helpful to others.
Thank you so much to AlzAuthors for feeling like our story is important.  My book is available on their website listed below and also on Amazon in paperback and Kindle versions.

I want to list the names of my friends on the board of AlzAuthors who helped me so much.
Jean Lee, Marianne Sciucco,Vicki Tapia, Kathryn Harrison, and especially Ann Campanella.
Thank you!

AlzAuthor links

My personal dementia links
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheBlueVelvetDrapeDealingWithDementia/
Instagram: dealingwithdementiablog
Twitter: @Dementiasucks07

Book availability
AlzAuthors: https://alzauthors.com/bookstore/#Parents  (scroll to my book and click on the picture)
Amazon: http://a.co/9CdlZ9V



Comments