Mom's Memorial Day


This picture is from the day we met at St. Luke's Chapel to discuss Moms memorial service with the Rev. Georgine Buckwalter (if I remember correctly is was about 2-3 days before the memorial). In this picture are Dad, Camille, and Mom's sisters Margaret Bromley & Beverly Bromley. I took the picture.

The Memorial day came on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - exactly one week from the day that Mom died. I was overwhelmed by how many people came to the visitation and actually stayed for the memorial service. It truly was standing-room-only.

It was a beautiful day that day.

Surprisingly, I was in a pretty good mood. I knew that I needed to be "on" in order to greet all of Mom's visitors and to be able to make it through MY tribute to her. I did not want to break down at the podium when it was my turn to speak. Dad was not feeling well, still recovering from being sick the day before (that is another story though). Camille, Dad, Aunt Margaret, Beverly, and I greeted people we hadn't seen or heard from in years along with close friends of the family. It was really wonderful to know that Mom and us, as a family, were loved by so many.

MOM



Dad chose a lovely urn for Mom's ashes. Mom loved the contemporary style so her urn reflects her taste. We really believe she would have loved its simplicity.



Comments