Friday, August 24, 2012

Mom's voice


The other day I was fortunate enough to find a voicemail on my cell phone from Mom that had not been automatically deleted from my voicemail box. It has since been deleted. David and I could not figure out a way to save the message so he recorded the message onto his cell phone by using the video camera (which is why there is an empty chair). All I cared about was the audio. Now I will always have this cute little soundbyte of my mom's voice.
In this message Mom sounds like "Mom" and not "Mom with dementia".
((The message was dated April 17, 2012.))

2 comments:

Tracy said...

As sad as it is, what a blessing to have that recording! In time I hope yoy find comfort and you will listen to it over and over, and smile. Remember the happy times and know she is in a better place. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tracy

Anne Stewart said...

wow Anne, so sweet, made me cry. So glad you have that, she always had a way to make things sunnier! Love you!
Anne