Chocolate Sauce recipe - A Favorite of Mom's


This recipe is an all time favorite of my mothers. She used to make this all the time when I was a child and a teenager; she would pour it over our ice cream. It is from an old recipe book of hers that I now have in my posession called "Custom Osterizer Recipes". This book was copyrighted in 1962 but I'm posting it anyway since it's 50 years old. The cost of this book at the time was $1 (unbelieveable). This book is in fragile condition, even has chocolate sauce stains, as you can see. Anyway, here is the delicious recipe!


Chocolate Sauce
2 squares unsweetened chocolate, cut up
1/2 cup sugar
6 tablespoons hot milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Dash of salt

Method: Put chocolate, sugar, vanilla, and salt into a 1/2-pint OSTERIZER jar. Add the hot milk. Use processing blades without the rubber gasket. Process at Hi Speed until thick and creamy (about 2 minutes).
Yield: 1 cup

I hope you will give it a try then come back to my website to comment on how you liked it!
!!ENJOY!!

Comments