A Glass (Half) FULL!!

small water Pictures, Images and Photos

It has been about a week since I last spoke to either of my parents. Reason being is that I feel Dad is probably so tired of hearing me blab on and on about the elder care attorney, the nursing home, the reasons for Mom to be admitted to ECH permanently. Deep down he knows what needs to be done. I hate to just keep rehashing everything over and over. Just hoping that he will take responsibility for the list of things that he must take care of on his own, things that only he has the ability to do until my sister and I are granted full POA.

On a lighter note the kids, David, and I watched some home movies over the weekend of our kids....birthdays when they were toddlers, and other adventures they have had. Yes, I cried a few happy tears, reflecting back to time when my children were so small, funny, and so sweet (of course you know they still are all of those things, just bigger). Also in some of those home movies were my parents (from about 8 years ago - year 2003) looking so happy and healthy. Dad's knees were still "his" knees and he acted and looked so happy. Mom had not yet been diagnosed with dementia and was living in the NOW. Watching those movies was a nice break in the (chaotic) action that I now live.

Amid all of this chaos though, I still feel like the luckiest woman alive. Folks.....no matter what life throws your way always try to look at your life as a glass half FULL, or even completely FULL. I found at an early age that if you don't LIFE will defeat you. Remember to stay strong, that it's okay to take a break, and always look toward the future. Nothing good can come from negativity.
XOXOX

Comments