Home only 9 days

Mom came home from the nursing home on December 9th, 2011 which I felt was too early. Personally, as hard as this is for me to say, I think it's time for her to be permanently admitted to the Episcopal Church Home memory care wing. Her physical health has deteriorated drastically and with each physical decline her mental capacity plummets as well.
Last night Mom was admitted to the hospital, yet again, for what sounds to me like congestive heart failure.....again (I think this is the 5th or 6th admission in the past 6 months). I was told that she felt like she was suffocating. The constant admissions to the hospital are giving way for her dementia to completely absorb who she is. It is my opinion that Mom needs consistancy and being at home does not allow for that any longer.
I'm sad about this but I am okay with it also. This is a fact in our lives.....

Comments