From Mom's Journal - July 11 or 12, 1979 (age 42)

This journal entry is a letter that Mom wrote to good friends of hers and Dad's, Carol & Shelby Feinerman. I believe she was saying good-bye.

**************************************************

"Dear Carol & Shelby - They are going to do the surgery to me again sometime in the next few days. This all seems like a terrible bad dream but no one will come to wake me up. You all have been wonderful friends and I love you very much. Just...... "

***************************************************

That is it, that's all....I don't know why Mom didn't finish that letter. Maybe someone came into her hospital room, maybe she fell asleep, maybe she got too upset and couldn't write any more. Either way, I cannot imagine her fear of getting prepared for a second coronary bypass surgery at the age of 42.

Comments

Amy said…
This journal makes me want to begin one, considering I'm an older mom. It's interesting insight into someone you love very much.