Long night

Phone call last night at 12:30 am from Dad (in the hospital). Mom furious with him and with me especially.

Mom confused... told Dad that I told her I hated their house and I was going to get rid of it. Mom wonders why no one told her of Dad's knee surgery. She is furious with me, furious with Dad, furious with her sister Margaret. Mom thinks she is alone in their house (care giver is there 24 hours with her). Mom knows of dad's surgery, has visited him in the hospital, she is very confused.

Last night Dad was extremely distraught, afraid that mom wouldtry to hurt herself. He was not convinced that her caregiver was with her. Mom's other sister Beverly went over there at 2:00 am, stayed the rest of the night with mom and her care giver. Mom did not sleep. Mom was up all night... so was I, so was Beverly. I hope Dad slept.

I'm nervous, sleepy, too afraid to call mom today... not sure how she will react. I feel numb and don't know what to do. I really need some sleep... not feeling well and filled with worry. I wonder what kind of surprises today will bring?

Comments