Edelson test results and catching up

So... Mom had the Edelson test done. Apparently this is a test to help determine if the patient has declining memory... or something like that. I need to Google this to research it more. The results came back and it was determined that Mom's memory problems are a result of her MS - NOT Alzheimer's. MS or not... in my opinion, she still has a dementia. Just two days ago she called me about an expiration date on a can of soup... the date was Aug. 2009. She had to ask me if that meant that the soup was no longer good to eat NOW (2/23/08 I think). I had to tell her she had a year and a half before the soup was no longer good.

This morning (2/26/08) I was awoken to a 6:15 am phone call from my Dad telling me that Mom was in an ambulance on her way to the hospital with severe chest pains and sweats. How can this happen when she has a heart defibrillator implanted in her chest?

I'm too tired to type more. I'll come back to type more later... maybe.

Anne

Comments